Description: Technical Officials are responsible for ensuring that an event is run in accordance with the Triathlon Australia (TA) Race Competition Rules (RCR).
Reasons to become a Technical Official:
- Gain a better understanding of the TA RCR
- A chance to give back to the sport and help to develop it
- Gain an insight into what is involved in conducting a triathlon event thus giving you a greater appreciation for marshals and officials at future events making you a better competitor
Benefits of becoming a Technical Official:
- Technical officials ensure the safety and fairness of triathlon and multisport competition. Officials are integral to the successful running of races.
- Free education and training
- Free non-competitive membership discounts off competitive membership (if officiated at 3 events in the season prior)
Steps to becoming a technical official:
- Email our Technical Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you wish to attend a Level 1 Technical Official training course and which region you live in. We will inform you of the next course in your region or put you on the mailing list and update you when one has been organised
- Complete the Officiating General Principles online certificate and submit to the Technical Officer. More information can be found at the enrolment and instructions page
- Attend a Level 1 training course. This course is provided free of charge
- Become a member of Triathlon Australia prior to attending the course. What membership type is best for me as a Technical Official?
- Read and complete the Official's Code of Behaviour Individual Agreement Form 40kb. This will be given to you on the day or you can complete it in advance and submit it to the course presenter at the training course
- Complete the Field of Play Assessment
- Officiate at a minimum of 3 sanctioned events per season to maintain accreditation
Apply to: Triathlong Queensland
Phone(work): (07) 3369 9600Email: email@example.com
Closing date: 30 December 2012