Sport Event Work Experience
QSMSports are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join the event team and assist with the planning, organisation, promotion and coordination of sporting events. The selected applicant will be required to work a minimum of two days a week and on event days. There are two big events coming up next year for which help is required: the Kingscliff Triathlon: 9 & 10 March and the Battle on the Border Cycling Festival: 2-5 May.
Some of the main duties the successful candidate will be required to undertake:
· Assist in the development and organisation of marquee events
· Involved in the organisation of events including: Registration database, Venues and Permits, Development of Strategic Plans, Organise officials and volunteers, Assist with the marketing, operations and logistics
· Update website to deliver up to date information on events and the organisation
· Deliver high quality customer service to all members including: participants, volunteers etc
· Assisting in the appropriate conduct of events to meet international and national standards and legislative requirements
· Office administration and policy development
· Assist with the operations of the Junior Development Program and QSMRacing Cycling Team
Type: Volunteer Position
Location: Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Desirable: Relevant Tertiary Qualification
We are looking for a person who has the following characteristics:
· Attention to detail and solution-oriented focus
· Energy, enthusiasm, and motivation
· Excellent planning, time-management and organisational skills
· Ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced atmosphere
· A passion for sports!
Ideally, you have a strong knowledge of the Mircosoft Office suite and experience with Adobe Illustrator.
Closing Date: 5 Jan 2013Apply to:
(07) 3124 6099
How To Apply
If you think you've got what it takes, please send your resume along with a brief cover letter to email@example.com