Are you a qualified Lifeguard? Want to work for one of Queensland’s premier sporting venues? Sleeman Sports Complex has the job for you!
Work type is contract/ temporary your salary is from 45 000 pa. The job is located in Brisbane.
The Sleeman Sports Complex is managed by Stadiums Queensland and is the nursery from which some of Australia’s most talented and successful athletes have emerged. Stadiums Queensland is a Statutory Authority charged with managing, operating and promoting the use of major sports facilities for the staging of community, elite sporting and entertainment events.
We are seeking expressions of interest from dedicated Lifeguards who will not only fulfil the requirements of this vital role, but also add value to the experience of visitors to the venue. As an employee at the Sleeman Sports Complex, you can expect to be working as part of an energetic, team orientated and motivational environment. This position is temporary for 12 months.
Your duties will include:
Your duties will include:
- The provision of lifeguarding services to patrons of the venue including, cautioning swimmers regarding unsafe areas and rescuing swimmers in dangerous or life threatening circumstances.
- Monitoring the pool deck and surrounds for the purposes of safety, cleanliness and maintaining order.
- Provide operational support to the Aquatic Supervisor/Coordinator and Venue Management including providing reporting information, liaising with contractors and emergency services and ensuring work is undertaken in accordance with Stadiums Queensland policies.
- Event set up and the provision of support services to the hirers of the facility.
The Mandatory Requirements for this position are:
- Pool Lifeguard Certificate
- Advanced Resuscitation Certificate including Defibrillator Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Dive to a depth underwater of 5 metres
- Working with Children Check – Blue Card
- This role has been identified as having a high risk for the contraction of vaccine preventable communicable illnesses. Accordingly, relevant immunisation is a requirement of the position
- A pre-placement medical assessment is a requirement of this job, unless previously undertaken as a current employee of Stadiums Queensland
- An appropriate level of physical fitness is required to be maintained
(Note: Mandatory qualifications must be current at all times and updated as required).
Have a look at this link before you wish to apply for the job.
Further information about the complex is available at www.sleemansports.com.au
For a full position description, including selection criteria, and details on how to apply, click on the “Apply Now” button, to be re-directed to the vacancy.
To be considered for this position, please submit your current resume and covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements of the selection criteria.
Closing date for this job application is the 17th June 2013.
Please contact Graham Huband (07) 3131 9620.