Friday, March 12, 2010

How much help is too much help?


My Grandfather did most things physical for my Grandma. As a result my Grandma's health went downhill. Are you really helping people by “making life easier for them”?

I just watched an old lady take 2 minutes to cross the road. Every step she took was progress. I felt sad for her. Not as sad though as if she couldn’t make it at all.
Should I have helped her? Or would I have been doing her a disservice by helping her? Would I have been contributing to her getting weaker by helping her?

I can’t know all the reasons my grandparents have aged differently. There are too many variables. I can’t know if it was environment, their diet, lifestyle, or genetics, but I do know that blaming randomness is too easy. The choices we make in our lives affect our future.

The training we’re doing today isn’t just about today.
EXERCISE IS GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment