Wednesday, June 24, 2009
5 tips for a Big Bench
1. Get set!• For a big bencher there starting position is the most important part starting with a curved back lifting your hips and lower back off the bench pushing your chest and abs up.
2. Hand placement
• Try and place your hands so that they are in line with your elbows for the press.
• Once you are set under the bar lift the bar off the rack and take a big breath in pushing all the air into your stomach pushing it out.
4. The touch
• Try instead of lowering the bar directly on the middle of your chest touch it on the lower half of your chest (this is where your arched back will help). Don't forget the pause.
5. A twist
• On the way back up try to bend the bar twist your wrist your wrists push your thumbs out ward to open up your triceps and give a big push breathing out pushing the bar up and back not just up.( this will help you immensely by using more muscle groups) You know its working if you feel your lats flare out.