Position Information for Club Coordinator!
Position Title: Club Coordinator - Brisbane South
Short Description: The AFL is Australia’s premier sporting organisation supporting a constantly evolving national competition which has experienced rapid growth over the past 10 years. AFL Queensland affiliated Leagues and clubs with the support of AFL Queensland must continue to aggressively drive and grow participation through the delivery of quality programs and creating quality club environments.
Employer: AFL Queensland
Work Type: Full Time
Location: Brisbane South, QLD, Australia
Specifically this position will provide advice and direction, education and training and development of resources to assist volunteers within the AFL clubs to more effectively deliver the myriad of tasks associated with administering a community club and enhance the linkages between AFL Queensland, AFL affiliates, club football and the community.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Governance including supporting the preparation and development
- Ensure the League and all Clubs comply with the annual requirements
- Grants/Funding/Fundraising - Develop an annual fundraising strategy
- Attend club committee meetings as required
We seek a self motivated individual with:
- Qualifications in Sports Management or equivalent depth of experience
- Well developed verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated personal initiative and ability to work unsupervised
- Flexible working hours
- Queensland Drivers’ license
- Experience working with volunteers
- Experience - funding from government and non government sources
- Knowledge of strategic planning
- Working With Children Check (Blue Card)
This is an 18 month fixed-term position.
Visit www.afl.com.au/careers to view the position description.
Name: Chloe Jenkins
Submit your application through the AFL’s online recruitment system at www.afl.com.au/careers.