The Development Manager – Brisbane West will focus on Staff Management, Financial Management, Participation, Community Football, Fan Development and Promotions, Talent, and Reports. The Brisbane West Development Manager will report to the State Development Manager.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the development of participation strategies across the region through schools, female football, AFL 9s, diversity programs and Auskick,
- Implementing and overseeing a transition strategy for the region to increase and retain participants to club football,
- Providing opportunities for talented participants to be identified and developed through the talented player pathway,
- Integrating Game Development Programs with Fan Development activities linked to AFL Clubs and strategically plan the growth of the game across the region to ensure a strong base of AFL fans for the future.
- Outstanding leadership skills in particular the ability to lead a team,
- Proven strategic planning and implementation capabilities,
- Strong business acumen and in particular the ability to manage departmental finances,
- Knowledge of education and community participation sectors,
- Well developed verbal and written communication, interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills,
- Proven ability to effectively manage a diverse and extensive portfolio of projects concurrently,
- Satisfactory ‘Working With Children’ check (Blue Card) from Queensland State Government or ability to obtain,
- Due to the nature of the sporting industry, must be willing to work outside normal business hours from time to time, such as evenings and weekends,
- Queensland Driver’s License.
To apply: Submit your application through the AFL’s online recruitment system at www.afl.com.au/careers