Friday, September 10, 2010

Rhys Bowman's Blog

For those of you who don’t know me, which will be just about everyone reading this, my name is Rhys Wesley Bowman and I am currently studying a Bachelor of Applied Science in Human Movement Studies conducted at QUT’s Kelvin Grove campus. I am currently completing my last few subjects in the course and just commenced my first 50 hour practicum placement here at Fitnance.

I have previously completed a smaller practicum module with Brisbane Boys College, working in the gym there and assisting the lads with their rugby, soccer and rowing training. As part of that placement I was also involved with North’s rugby league held at Nudgee College, where I assisted and helped with the strength and conditioning of the Under 19’s rep teams and the A graders.

Through these experiences I have certainly gained a lot of useful knowledge in the area and this has opened up ideas for me as to where I want to be after uni. At this point in time I’m really interested in the strength and conditioning side of sport-specific exercise programs and general fitness. In the near future I am required to complete another 50 hour prac module and finally a larger 360 hour module. This experience will not just be limited to the gym and conditioning setting, I will be involved in pracs that focus on back pain, chronic disease cases and other clinical related areas.

For now, that’s what I have for you and I hope I’ve given you some insight into what I do and where I want to go. Hopefully these experiences will assist in getting me into strength and conditioning and perhaps some clinical rehabilitation work as well.

1 comment:

  1. Your way of describing everything in this piece of writing is really good, every one be capable of without difficulty be aware of it,
    Thanks a lot.

    Feel free to surf to my web-site ... What should i Weigh

    ReplyDelete