- Access to 16 years experience from established fitness professionals
- Tailored Personal Coaching
- Gain fundamental business knowledge and practical skills
- 6 to 12 month support available
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Tone Personal Training Mentorship
123FIT for Kids Program
Camp Fitnance update
Camp Fitnance is on again June 22-24th at Red Rock.
Mount Cootha Challenge
Well done to Martin Corkey for his completion of the Mount Cootha challenge.
Martin has been training exceptionally hard and has improved immensely.
Ipswich Jets vs Redcliffe (on TV!)
Good luck to the Ipswich Jets this weekend in their game against Redcliffe at Redcliffe.
Good luck to Felicity Abram, James Seear and Maxine Seear in this weekend's Mooloolaba triathlon.
Brooke Spence + Liverpool
Congratulations to Brooke Spence on earning a playing gig at Liverpool FC in England.
Glenn Yarham - Cross Country supremo
New Trainee - Jesse Double
Hi I'm Jesse Double. I am currently doing my Certificate 3 in fitness with Fitnance. I enjoy working within the fitness industry. I have always dreamed of being a personal trainer ever since I was young. I play AFL and I am in the gym a fair bit myself. I love to help people out and get them to reach their goals. I think that is a big part of being a personal trainer - getting the best results you can from your clients.
New Trainee - Vai Fitisemann
" Hey mate... names Vai, but you can call me push-up"
New Trainee - Kaido Mori
Hey, I'm Kaido in year 12 from Brisbane State High School currently doing a Certificate 3 in fitness at Fitnance. I'm here to learn the Certificate to be a personal trainer. I don't want to be a regular trainer who's at a gym - I want to teach martial arts (Aikido) that I'm learning from my father. Since I've started this course I've been learning boxing once per week for 2 hours. The first session helped my fitness and the second session helped me improve technique. Even though the boxing sessions are really tiring it improves my martial arts that I'm going to teach in the future. I'm currently enjoying the traineeship and boxing very much.
New Trainee - Heinrich Stolle
New Trainee - Ben Murray
Monday, March 19, 2012
Location: Gold Coast
Looking for coaches in all disciplines with a minimum of Level 1 Accreditation in our recreational and competitive stream.
Hours to suit your requirements. Casual, Part-time and Full-time positions available.
· Level 1 Coaching Accreditation
· Working with children check
· Level 1/ Basic First Aid
· Current CPR
14 April 2012
Brent Wood (07) 5532 8429
How to Apply
Email Brent Wood
Location: Brisbane, QLD
1. The provision of lifeguarding services to patrons of the value including, cautioning swimmers regarding unsafe areas and rescuing swimmers in dangerous or life threatening circumstances
2. Monitoring the pool deck and surrounds for the purpose of safety, cleanliness and maintaining order
3. Provide operational support to the Aquatic Coordinator and Venue Management including providing reporting information, liaising with contractors and emergency services and ensuring work is undertaken in accordance with Stadiums Queensland policies
4. Event set up and the provision of support services to the facilities hirers
· Pool lifeguard certificate
· Advance Resuscitation Certificate including Defibrillator Certificate
· First Aid Certificate
· Dive to depth underwater of 5 metres
· Working with Children Check- Blue card
· This role has been identified as having a high risk for the contraction of vaccine preventable communicable illnesses
· Accordingly, relevant immunisation is a requirement of the position
· A pre-placement medical assessment is a requirement of this job, unless previously undertaken as a current employee of Stadiums Queensland
· An appropriate level of physical fitness is required to be maintained
- Pool Lifeguard Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Advanced resuscitation
- Working with children check
14 April 2012
Mark Christie (07) 3131 9625
How to apply:
Job Labrador Football
Location: Gold Coast
1. Establishing a business plan for the club covering 1,2 and 5 year periods
2. Strategic planning in line with vision, mission and corporate objectives in conjunction with the Board of Directors of the club
3. Managing the sponsorship portfolio and growing new business
4. Overall Management, appointment and performance appraisal of all appointed club football officials, staff and volunterrs
5. Contracting players representing the club at AFL Queensland State League level
· Demonstrated personal initiative and ability to work unsupervised effectively
· Well developed verbal and written communication, interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills
· Marketing experience/ knowledge
· Financial management and reporting experience/ knowledge
· Demonstrated sports administration experience
· Willingness to work outside normal business hours from time to time such as evenings and weekends (due to the nature of the sporting industry)
· Demonstrated goal setting and achievement orientated
21 March 2012
Chloe Jenkins (03) 9643 1896
How to apply:
Submit your application through AFL’s online recruitment system
Job Baseball Queensland
Location: Gold Coast
1. Provide advice to organisations on governance and management policies
2. Identify avenues for organisations to better deliver and encourage access to sport and recreation activities
3. Create partnerships with councils, sport and clubs, community groups and schools to work together to encourage participation and volunterring in sport and recreation
4. Support organisation by sourcing information on grants, sponsorship, fundraising and corporate partnerships for sport and recreation activities
5. Advise the organisation on marketing and promotional opportunities so that more people are aware of local sport and recreation volunterring events and activities to be involved in
- Working with children
- Current QLD drivers licence and own car
- Experience in sporting club administration
- Sports Management Degree
5 April 2012
Colin Dick (07) 3876 2222
How to Apply:
Email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Easts defeat Jets
Easts have beaten the Ipswich Jets in last weekend’s game, 52-16.
Two tries to Luke Lavelle saw Easts win comfortably. Ipswich Jests play the Redciffe Dolphins in Round 3.
Tries: Jermaine Alberts, Adam Boettcher, Khan AhwangConversions: Eric Alefosio 2
Tries: Luke Lavelle 2, Max Dudley, Maeli Seve, Jono Stewart, Grant Cole, Blair Young, Dywayne Rigby, Jarrad NolanConversions: Liam Tyson 8
InTrust Super Cup
Ipswich Jets have narrowly lost to the Tigers losing by one point. Final score was East Tigers 15 d. Ipswich Jets 14.
Tries: Ramon Filipine 2, Ian LaceyConversions: Brendon Lindsay
Tries: Shane Neumann, Isaac KaufmannConversions: Cody Walker 3Drop Goals: Luke Kelly
Ipswich Jets have lost to Easts Tigers, 18 points to 30.
Tries: Ben Apelu 2, Alex MosegiConversions: Chris Ash 3
Tries: Ashley Bull 2, Corbin Kiernan, Jeffrey Nielsen, Titako Sili, Whetu AustinConversions: Ned Mott 6
Good luck also goes to Kristy Harnett, Sarah Richmond, Zoe Wilson, Kaili Roach, Brenda Cronin, Christina Harwood, Melanie Gillespie, Steve Lacey, Steve Kanowski, Josh Santacarina, Drew Standish, Tiffany Sheerin, Matt Sheerin, Dirk Baxendell, Jackson Elliot, Glenn Yarham, Patrick Teirnan, Steve Houghton, Kathy Turner, Anna Booth at the Mooloolaba Tri this weekend.
2012 Energy Australia Swimming Championships Results
Mel Schlanger finished 1st in the Women’s 100 m freestyle (53.74)
Chris Wright finished 2nd in the Men’s 200 m butterfly (1:56:40)
Kenrick Monk finished 2nd in the Men’s 200 m freestly (1:47:16)
Mel, Chris and Kenrick have all been selected to complete at the Olympic Games in London later this year. Congratulations!
Sunday, March 11, 2012
I am looking for a fully qualified cert IV that would be interested in running some bootcamps towards Jindalee/Seventeen Mile Rocks. I have anywhere from 10 - 15 people in a session. Times : to be available for morning sessions be at site 5:30am afternoons: available from 5:15pm on site. Must have a car available with a big boot. Ute is beneficial.
UltiFit Personal Training
M: 0404 801 899www.ultifit.com.au
Milne Bay Aquatic Centre Job
20-25 hrs / week to start with, along with any classes they are wanting to take on. The gym hourly rate would be about $22.00 / hr and classes are $37.00 per class.
All p.t is worked at 1.5 times the normal hourly rate and there is no rent to be paid and p.t can be done or the gym shifts or a shift can be organised that is solely for p.t when justified. Any other enquiries please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Pride defeat Jets
THE Northern Pride fought back from a 10-point halftime deficient to claim a 22-14 round 1 victory over the Ipswich Jets at Barlow Park last night.
NORTHERN PRIDE 22 (Ethan Lowe 2, Hezron Murgha, Brett Anderson, Ben Spina tries; Shaun Nona goal) def IPSWICH JETS 14 (Ramon Filipine, Michael Fisher tries; Brendon Lindsay 3 goals) at Barlow Park.
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Advanced Lifting Course
Olympic v Power lifting
Bodybuilding v Sports Training
Analogy of lifting shoe for transfer of power and soft surface v hard surface for plyometrics (defeat purpose, injuries)
Number is irrelevant
Needs analysis (SWOT analysis of sport matched against individual needs) mma Functional pathway between 2
Principles of power
Progressive resistance principles
Scale someone into power development (progression)
Specificity and salience to sport i.e. football
GPP (General) to SPP (Specific). Similarly Functional to Specific. Functional Strength/Power then move to Specific Strength/Power. Gates for Progression in each. (Continuum) Need for Group and Individual scaling. (Remedial or not remedial)
Scaling for complexity of movement (Take home) Continuums/Progressions/Development . Scaling to Maximize lift (Box Jumps, Vertical Jumps, Thruster, Presses, Twist, Squat, Pull up, Core)
Exercises to develop technique and power
Progressive development of technique
Teach athletes to exert max force by maintaining stability and balance throughout all execution phases of various exercises
Understand principles of good technique
Understand and appreciate the biomechanical principles of good technique
Develop an ability to assess an athletes' technique
Identify and correct athletes individual technique
Identify and correct common faults in technique
Provide appropriate feedback
Teach correction exercises
Maximize power development
Lifts covered in the course include:
the clean and jerk.
Call Fitnance for more details on this Workshop.
Beginner Boxing Course
Topics covered during the 1 day course:
Structuring a fitness boxing session/program to sell to your clients
Basic punching & pad holding techniques
Fitness boxing stance, guard, footwork & defensive techniques
Common injuries of fitness boxing
Methods to target cardiovascular and resistance adaptations
Redcliffe State Sprint Championships
Who all competed at the Redcliffe State Sprint Championships
Melbourne Athletics Grand Prix & Selection Trials
Peter Nowill and Darryl Crook placing 2nd in the 3000m steeplechase
Caitlin Pincott placing 3rd in the 400m
Alana Boyd placing 2nd in the pole vault and selection in the Olympic team
Josh Robinson in Javelin
Thursday, March 1, 2012
My name is Junior Morris I am currently attending John Paul College. I am on a full scholarship for basketball. I am in year 11 and have been at the school since year 8. I have been playing basketball since I was 5 and have represented Queensland 4 times for basketball and once for AFL. I am currently studying maths, english, physical education, health education and visual art. I started my cert 3 in November of 2011 and am currently enjoying my course here at Fitnance. When I graduate, I wish to become a professional basketball player but if I am unsuccessful, I wish to start a career in the fitness industry.
My name is Reece Pagel and I currently attend John Paul College. I am in my second year of grade 12 and as I am on scholarship for rugby union i am also a part of our schools horizons program for elite athletes. I have played rugby league since i was 5 and have also started playing rugby union in the past 4 years, in saying this i am a very competitive athlete and am willing to give anything a try. I also love being in the gym, i workout 5 days a week so it is basically my second home. I started my Cert 3 in fitness at school during 2010, which i finished in 2011 and am currently working hard to finish my cert 4. I love what i do and the experience and opportunities it brings me, when i finish school i am planning on working as a personal trainer in the mines, which will help to further extend my experience, knowledge and ability.